Vocational Training Programs
Cranston Adult Education Programs is a distinctive partnership between the nonprofit community, educational institutions and employers to provide developmentally appropriate training programs that will prepare pathways to further education and prospective employment.
Vocational Training for Adults is a great opportunity to further your current employment skills or challenge yourself for a career change. Taught by certified instructors, skill sets will be taught by a hands-on approach. Students will be instructed with up-to-date standards, procedures and practices needed in today's workforce.
Classes are offered in the following areas:
--- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
--- Dental Assistant (DA)
--- Medical Assistant (MA)
--- Medical Billing & Coding (MBC)
--- Phlebotomy Technician (PBT)
***Please note: Training programs will be held twice a year depending on registration and enrollment***
Vocational Training Pre-Tests
All potential students must take a pre-test assessment before acceptance in a training program. Pre-tests are given by appointment only. Students may register for the test by calling 401-270-8166 to obtain a date and time. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled test time. Students who are late will not be permitted to test and must reschedule. The fee is a $25 money order or cash. No personal checks or credit cards are accepted.
Day: Tuesday 11:00 AM
Thursday 11:00 AM
1. Training programs require students to be at least (18) years of age.
2. Training programs are available to Rhode Island residents and those in surrounding areas.
3. Training programs require a picture identification and a non-refundable assessment/application fee of $25.00. (Please note, the assessment- application fee must be paid in full before the test.)
4. A BCI (Bureau of Criminal Investigation) must be submitted to the school before acceptance into any training program. This can be obtained at the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office, 4 Howard Ave., Cranston, RI 02920. (PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A $5 FEE. MONEY ORDERS, CREDIT CARDS OR PERSONAL CHECKS ONLY. NO CASH ACCEPTED.)
5. A completed immunization form must be submitted within the first 2 weeks of acceptance into a training program.
6. Students who are enrolled in a training program must take a post-test before the final exam.
7. Acceptance into a training program requires a 1/3 tuition deposit to guarantee a seat. Tuition must be paid in full by mid-term.
8. All payments are to made either by cash or money order. Money orders must be made out to Cranston Adult Education. No checks or credit cards are accepted.
1. No refunds will occur after the second class. NO EXCEPTIONS
2. Class attendance and participation is mandatory. Three (3) absences require a meeting with the director.
3. Class absence requires a call to the school at 401-270-8166.
4. School cancellation will be posted on the Cranston Public School's website (cpsed.net) No school in Cranston means your class is cancelled.
5. All cell phones must be turned off or placed on vibrate.
6. Dress-Scrubs are required before the third class.
7. Training programs with a clinical component require at least a one full week commitment and a completed immunization form.
8. A post-test is required before the final exam in order to receive a certificate of completion.
9. A final grade of 80 or higher will fulfill the grade requirement to receive a certificate.
10. CPR/AED is mandated for all courses. The fee is $50.00.
11. Replacement certificates will be a fee of $10.00.
12. All receipts are the responsibility of each student.
13. Students will be made aware of any changes in advance whenever possible.