Vocational Training Programs
Cranston Adult Education Programs is a distinctive partnership between the nonprofit community, educational institutions and employers to provide developmentally appropriate training programs that will prepare pathways to further education and prospective employment.
Vocational Training for Adults is a great opportunity to further your current employment skills or challenge yourself for a career change. Taught by certified instructors, skill sets will be taught by a hands-on approach. Students will be instructed with up-to-date standards, procedures and practices needed in today's workforce.
Classes are offered in the following areas:
--- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
--- Dental Assistant (DA)
--- Medical Assistant (MA)
--- Phlebotomy Technician (PBT)
***Please note: Training programs will be held twice a year depending on registration and enrollment***
Every student must bring their own personal box of exam gloves
no matter what class you are in
Vocational Training Pre-Tests
All potential students must take a pre-test assessment before acceptance in a training program. Pre-tests are given by appointment only. Students may register for the test by calling 401-270-8166 to obtain a date and time. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled test time. Students who are late will not be permitted to test and must reschedule. The fee is a $25 money order or cash. No personal checks or credit cards are accepted.
1. Training programs require students to be at least (18) years of age.
2. Training programs are available to Rhode Island residents and those in surrounding areas.
3. Training programs require a picture identification and a non-refundable assessment/application fee of $25.00. (Please note, the assessment- application fee must be paid in full before the test.) Application must be completed before your acceptance in any training
4. A BCI (Bureau of Criminal Investigation) must be submitted to the school BEFORE ACCEPTANCE into any training program. This must be obtained at the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office, 4 Howard Ave., Cranston, RI 02920. (PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A $5 FEE. MONEY ORDERS, CREDIT CARDS OR PERSONAL CHECKS ONLY. NO CASH ACCEPTED.)
5. A completed immunization form must be submitted within the first 2 weeks of acceptance into a training program.
6. Students who are enrolled in a training program must take a post-test before the final exam.
7. Acceptance into the CNA program requires a deposit of $300 to guarantee a seat. All other classes require a $400 deposit to guarantee a seat. Tuition must be paid in full by 7 weeks from the first class or student will be terminated.
8. All payments are to made either by cash or money order. Money orders must be made out to Cranston Adult Education. No checks or credit cards are accepted.
9. No refunds will occur after the second class. NO EXCEPTIONS
1. Class attendance and participation is mandatory.
2. Class absence requires a call to the school at 401-270-8166.
3. All cell phones must be turned off or placed on vibrate.
4. Dress-Scrubs and leather top white sneakers are required before the third class.
5 . Training programs with a clinical component require a two (2) week commitment and a completed immunization form (MUST BE COMPLETED BY MID-TERM).
6. A post-test is required before the final exam to receive a certificate of completion.
7. Replacement certificates are fifteen dollars ($15.00).
8. All receipts are the responsibility of each student.
9. Students will be made aware of any changes in advance whenever possible.
10. Cancellations, check under community http://turnto10.com/weather/closings or
Cranston Public Schools 2020-2021 calendar cpscalendar2020-20211.pdf-